Q. How can I export references from RefWorks into an Excel File?
1. In RefWorks go to the folder you want to export references from. If you want to export all References you do not need to do this.
2. Scroll over References and then on click on “Export References.”
3. On the next screen, select “References from Folder."
3. From the export format drop-down menu, select “Tab Delimited," and then click on Export References.
4. A new page will open. Save it as a text file (.txt)
5. Open Excel, Click on the Data Tab, then click on the From Text Icon.
6. Select your file and click on “Open.”
7. A “Text Import Wizard” dialogue box will open; make sure the file type “Delimited” is selected; click on the “Next” button; make sure the Delimiters choice, “Tab” is selected; click on the “Next” button and then click on the “Finish” button.
8. The spreadsheet will open containing the references. You will note that all fields of the records have been exported to Excel including the abstracts. You can remove whichever fields you do not want and rename the column headings.