Skip to Main Content
601 West Lombard Street
Baltimore MD 21201-1512
Q. How do I find out if another library has a book or journal that I need?
Within the University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI)
- From the Resources menu on the Library home page, click on the Library Catalog link.
- At the top of the Library Catalog page there is a yellow bar that runs along the entire page.
- Below this on the right hand side of the page you will see four links: catalog, journals, new titles and choose campus.
- Click on the Choose Campus button.
- A page that lists all the libraries in the University System of Maryland will display.
- The first on the left hand side says USMAI (all campus).
- Click on the Catalog button directly below this.
- This will take you to the catalog page that will allow you to search all the catalogs throughout the system.
- You can then search by title, author or general subject.
- A page will display with the title, author or subject you entered if it is found in the USMAI system.
- Choose the item you want and click on the link.
- A citation page will display giving you information about the item that includes the campus where it is located.
- Request the item and have it sent to the HS/HSL.
Outside the University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI)
- From the Resources menu on the Library home page, click on the Worldcat link.
- Type in the title or author of the book or journal you want.
- A list of titles or names that are exact or similar to the item you requested will display.
- If you find the title you want, look under the title for a link that says libraries World Wide.
- All libraries that have that item starting with the closest to the ones the farthest away will be listed.
- Request the item through Interlibrary Loan.
Was this helpful?
|Monday - Thursday
||8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
||8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
|Saturday - Sunday
||10 a.m. - 4 p.m.